The current top 5 concerns in primary education are:
- Teacher workload and retention: Teachers in primary schools are facing high workload demands, leading to stress and burnout, and many are leaving the profession.
- Funding: Primary schools are facing funding cuts, leading to a lack of resources and staff, and impacting the quality of education for students.
- Curriculum and testing: Primary schools are under pressure to adhere to a highly prescribed and rigorous curriculum, with a focus on testing and assessment, which can limit creativity and innovation in the classroom.
- Inclusion and diversity: With increasing diversity in classrooms, primary schools are facing challenges in meeting the needs of all students, including those with special needs and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Mental health and wellbeing: Primary school students are facing increasing levels of stress and anxiety, and there is a need for better support for mental health and wellbeing in schools.